The biblical meaning of wolves in dreams is spiritual zeal, passion, loyalty, hidden deception, destruction, and immaturity. After dreaming about a wolf, check if you or someone close to you carries the characteristics of a wolf.
Overall, dreaming of wolves is usually symbolic, not literal. Symbolic dreams usually have a hidden meaning that is related to your everyday life. God often speaks in parables and riddles to encourage believers to seek him for the interpretation. Fortunately, God has given you “the secrets of the kingdom of heaven” to help you understand his messages. (Matthew 13:11)
Request your Free Dream Interpretations here.
What is the biblical meaning of wolves in dreams?
The spiritual meaning of wolves in dreams is the positive and negative personality traits of people. People can show the characteristics of wolves in the bible such as passion, zeal, enthusiasm, deceit, and warlike.
Overall, to understand the biblical meaning of wolves in dreams it is important to evaluate your own life and the people around you. Do you have some of the qualities? Is there someone present in your life that has wolf qualities? If yes, seek to understand why your dream is revealing those qualities.
1. Wolves represent False Prophets
Dreams about wolves can mean you’re teaching false information. Or someone you listen to and follow gives false information. To further understand your dream, consider these important questions:
- Do you follow a bible teachers that gives facts/opinions without scripture references?
- How often do you open your Bible?
- Do you research the meaning of verses to understand the Bible better?
- Does the Gospel you believe lead you to love or hate your enemies?
- Do you or your leaders preach the Gospel, but still practice sin?
- Is there a leader that you have a bad gut feeling about?
- Do you listen to the advice of a friend more than the Bible?
- Are you more focused on the spiritual realm rather than love?
Your dream should encourage you to pray for God to reveal false teachings you believe and if you’re following unhealthy leadership. The Bible encourages you to be wise, so you can avoid being corrupted by false teachings. “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves.” (Matthew 10:16)
In the Bible, wolves deceive believers by wearing sheep’s clothing to fake innocence. Therefore, take caution as the world is filled with deceitful, devouring, ravenous wolves (false prophets, teachers, and spiritual mentors). “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” (Matthew 7:15)
Overall, false prophets scatter sheep (believers) by teaching false information. They teach the Bible in a way that promote competition, conflicts, pride, and qualities that opposes the characteristics of Christ. Their doctrine can be a blend of truth, so it can be difficult to see the lies.
Examples of False Teachings
- For instance, false teachers belittle the power of Jesus Christ to purify and heal. They may use hopeless language like “people never change” or “you’re not healed because you didn’t pray/fast enough.”
- False prophets may be overly focused on the spiritual realm and tell you to do more to experience it. This can be harmful theology as it is based on works and earning God’s power.
- Theologies that focus too much on the demonic can cause you to live in fear. They can also cause you to seek “humans” to relieve the fear. While humans can help occasionally, God is the good shepherd and he gives us everything we need to remain pure and confident.
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep." (John 10:1-21)
2. Wolves represent Passion
Wolves represent people that are clever, discerning, spiritual warriors, loyal, intelligent, and passionate about a good cause. Your dream can be an encouragement to continue showing these amazing qualities and serving God fiercely. Essentially, this dream shows you are as brave and fierce as the biblical character Benjamin. Benjamin was described as a ravenous wolf. Consequently, Esther, Ehud, and Deborah are also powerful wolf-like biblical leaders that emerged from Benjamin’s blood line.
In contrast, your dream may be showing an imbalance of wisdom and passion. This type of dream is a reminder to read the word and seek sound advice. “Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.” (Proverbs 11:14)
Sadly, Christians can become false teachers if they’re enthusiastic for God, but lack wisdom. For example, the Apostle Paul was also from the bloodline of the ravenous wolf tribe of Benjamin. He loved God so much that he thought it was right to kill innocent Christians. He was blinded by his passion and zeal. God made him physically blind to show him that he was blind to spiritual wisdom. When he received spiritual sight and wisdom, he regained his eye sight. Overall, God worked miraculously in his life and caused him to see his wickedness, so he could change his ways. (Genesis 49:27; Philippians 3:4-8)
“To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.” (Acts 26:18)
Bible verses that reference the characteristics of wolves
- “Their horses are swifter than leopards, and keener than wolves in the evening. Their horsemen come galloping, their horsemen come from afar; they fly like an eagle swooping down to devour.” (Habakkuk 1:8)
- “Her princes within her are roaring lions, Her judges are wolves at evening; They leave nothing for the morning.” (Zephaniah 3:3)
- “Therefore a lion from the forest will slay them, A wolf of the deserts will destroy them, A leopard is watching their cities. Everyone who goes out of them will be torn in pieces, Because their transgressions are many, Their apostasies are numerous.” (Jeremiah 5:6)
3. Wolves represent Peace
Dreaming about wolves in a positive dream shows growth, change, and new beginnings. If you see a wolf at peace and harmony with others then supernatural transformation is taking place. This type of dream is good and shows that Jesus’s purifying blood is at work.
In the Old Testament, Isaiah prophesied of the coming of Christ. When Christ came, he would bring a healing power that would cause even wolves to be at peace with sheep. This means that false prophets (wolves) and Christians (sheep) would be able to dwell together in harmony.
This is seen when the Apostle Paul (a ravenous wolf) was changed by God. Though he once killed Christians, the transformative power of Christ allowed him to love his fellow sheep. His transformation is the heart of Jesus’ message. Ultimately, God desires to change even murderers into lovers of God. Therefore, it is important to pray for yourself and others that may have unhealthy wolf qualities. Remember, God can open eyes to see false understandings of scripture, just like he did for Paul.
- “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them.” (Isaiah 11:6)
- “The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,” says the Lord.” (Isaiah 65:25)
Frequently Asked Questions
Dreaming of wolves attacking means that you have unresolved emotions or an individual is causing you pain. This dream is a reminder that the world is filled with those whom seek to deceive you. Also, this dream is a reminder to look within yourself for possible areas you can heal.
Therefore, evaluate if you or another individual has the negative qualities of a wolf. Also, evaluate if you have wisdom and wise counsel around you. A lack of wisdom causes people to move too fast, mishear God, and do things from an emotionally charged place. Overall, it’s important to pray and ask God to purify your heart as you may not see hidden unhealthy characteristics. Also, pray the same for those around you.
"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I, the LORD, search the heart; I examine the mind to reward a man according to his way, by what his deeds deserve." (Jeremiah 17:9-10)
2. What is the biblical meaning of a werewolf in dream?
A werewolf is someone that can shape-shift into an animal purposefully or a cursed person that can’t control their transformations. Therefore, a werewolf can have different meanings within your dream.
In a positive dream, if you are purposefully transforming into a werewolf then this can be a good sign. The dream may show that you’re learning how to live in the powerful characteristics of a wolf. Remember, powerful biblical leaders like Esther were from the ravenous wolf tribe. She embodied bravery, justice, loyalty, love, and had a sacrificial nature. Perhaps your dream is showing that you carry those qualities as well.
In a negative dream, dreaming of werewolves reveals unhealthy behaviors and thoughts that are beyond your control. So, there is a need for healing, change, and submission to God. Essentially, werewolves are people that are under the curse of the law. This curse is for everyone that breaks God’s rules. Unfortunately, EVERY human has broken at least one of God’s rules. To break this curse, one must accept Jesus Christ and allow him to purify their lives.
3. What does the color of the wolf mean?
Color can be a large part of your dream meaning or it could be a small portion. Be sure to evaluate all the meanings and symbols in your dream to have deeper understanding of your dream.
- The biblical meaning of black wolves in a dream symbolizes sin, darkness, death, and catastrophe. However, it’s important to use more than the color of the wolf to understand your dream. For instance, dreaming of black wolf protecting me may indicate that I’m being protected from sin, darkness, death, and catastrophes. Remember, wolves can be transformed by the power of Christ.
- The biblical meaning of white wolves in a dream means holiness, light, purity, redemption, and the righteousness of Jesus Christ. Therefore, this dream might indicate the transformation and change in your behavior or thought life.
- Dreaming of a brown wolf means the end of season, rags, people, pride, weary, faint. This dream may be showing that there is a need for change. The color is also highlighting that you are tired of doing things in the same unhealthy way and you’re read for change.