The biblical meaning of soldiers in a dream is being mission focused, spiritual warfare, conflicts, biblical preparation, and victory. In addition, the soldiers in your dream can be God’s army or Satan’s army. Carefully evaluate your dream to discern which army is present.
Overall, dreaming of a soldier is usually symbolic, not literal. Symbolic dreams usually have a hidden meaning that is related to your everyday life. God often speaks in parables and riddles to encourage believers to seek him for the interpretation. Fortunately, God has given you “the secrets of the kingdom of heaven” to help you understand his messages. (Matthew 13:11)
Request your Free Dream Interpretations here.
What is the biblical meaning of soldiers in a dream?
God is like an army commander. He gives very clear instructions to help his troops finish a mission. Accordingly, the ultimate command in the new testament is to love God with our whole heart, love ourselves, and love others. Then our love will glorify God. All throughout history, God has been in charge. In the Old Testament, God gave commands to the Israelites, known as the Ten Commandments. These were strict orders that produced internal and external prosperity when followed. (Exodus 20; John 13:34-35)
So, the soldier in your dream is on God’s team or a rival’s group. Also, the actions of the solider suggests the main focus of the dream. The focus can be healthy or unhealthy. Lastly, the dream may reveal God’s battle strategy in a situation.
1. Soldiers represent Christians in God’s Army
Dreaming of a solider on a positive mission shows that there is sacrifice, love, and strength in your life. Soldiers go to war for a greater good and risk their lives. Similarly, It appears that your love for God and others is very strong. You are the type of person that is loving, merciful, patient, obedient, unashamed of Jesus, and righteous.
The Bible describes Christians as God’s soldiers that should be focused on their mission. “No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.” (2 Timothy 2:4) Overall, petty arguments, gossip, lust, and other distractions stops you from focusing on God’s plans for victory on this earth.
Dreaming of a soldier that is distracted, defeated, and jobless is a reminder to grow in your character. Try to be filled with fruits of the spirits and avoid getting “entangled in civilian” affairs.
- “Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer.” (2 Timothy 2:3-4)
- “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13)
2. Soldiers represent Conflict
Dreaming of a solider can reflect a conflict you currently have in your life. The conflict can be with yourself or someone else. Overall, it’s important to explore your emotions and ask yourself reflection questions. Reflecting will help you understand what the conflict in your dream is about.
- What emotions do you have a hard time feelings?
- Do you judge yourself harshly and often have regrets?
- What causes the most conflict in your life?
- How are you dealing with unhealthy behavior of others?
- What situations or people cause you stress?
- Are you avoiding something or actively dealing with it?
- Do you struggle to forgive yourself or others?
Jacob, a bible character, handled his guilt in his own strength for a long time. Then, he had to wrestle with God. Jacob ended up losing. This was to show that he wasn’t stronger than God. Jacob couldn’t handle his pain and he needed to be humbled, so he would look to God for help. Similarly, your dream may be revealing areas that you’re fighting to do things without God.
3. Soldiers represent Satan’s Army
Seeing an army with a negative or dark presence refers to Satan’s soldiers. This type of dream is a revelation. That means, God wants you to be aware of what is going on in the spiritual realm. Your dream may serve as an urgent prompting to get spiritually prepared and to start firm. Thus, armor yourself with righteousness, love, peace, truth, salvation, and the word of God. However, God is supreme and will always have the victory.
For instance, I dreamt of soldiers that were hunting me down to kill me. In the dream, I had to pay close attention to God to learn how to defeat them. This was a reminder for me to actively read word, so I can win spiritual battles.
In Revelation 20:7-10, you see Satan’s army marching into nations to deceive and conquer. Therefore, it’s time you “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:11-17)
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is the spiritual meaning of fighting in a dream?
Seeing fighting in your dream means there is some type of conflict in your current life. The conflict can be the emotions that you are struggling to deal with. Or the conflict might life obstacles or situations with people that are causing you grief.
Fighting in a dream can be spiritual warfare. The dream could be a reminder that you should put on the whole armor of God and stand firm in love, righteousness, and truth. Therefore, pick up and wield your weapon like a victorious soldier, “for the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12)
2. What does seeing a Commander of an Army mean?
Seeing a commander in your dream is representative of God.
- Following a commander in your dream means you’re allowing God to lead you to victory.
- Fighting your commander or disobeying them shows a lack of submission and discipline in your life.
Satan can represent an army commander in your dream. He too has an army that he uses to accomplish his goals on earth. Therefore, your dream may serve as a reminder to put on the armor of God. Equipping yourself with faith, righteousness, perseverance, resilience, and truth will help you stand firm against any obstacle in your life.
3. What does it mean to dream of soldiers with guns?
- To dream of soldiers with guns means that they are prepared. Are you on the side of the soldiers with guns? If not, it’s time to prepare yourself to overcome an obstacle you’re currently facing.
- If the soldiers had on military uniform that dream means that the obstacle in your life needs a very strategic and wise solution.
4. What does dreaming of being a soldier in a war mean?
- Dreaming of being a soldier in a war means that your are currently taking steps to overcome a difficult situation in your life.
- To dream of talking to a soldier can be positive or negative. What were you speaking with them about? What the solider on your side? The conversation will give you a greater understanding of the situation in your life that you need to overcome.
5. What does it mean to dream of soldiers protecting?
Seeing soldier protecting is a reminder that God has everything in control. So, try to be still and know that God is in control. Then, release disbelief in God’s ability to help which brings anxiety.