The biblical meaning of honey in dreams points to God’s goodness, provision, wisdom, spiritual energy, and the ability to communicate with kindness. In a positive dream, honey suggests that you’ve taken God’s teachings to heart, giving you energy to move ahead. In a less positive dream, it might encourage you to read the Bible more for energy, wisdom, and kindness to stay strong during difficult times.
Overall, dreaming of honey is usually symbolic, not literal. Symbolic dreams usually have a hidden meaning that is related to your everyday life. God often speaks in parables and riddles to encourage believers to seek him for the interpretation. Fortunately, God has given you “the secrets of the kingdom of heaven” to help you understand his messages. (Matthew 13:11)
Request your Free Dream Interpretations here.
Examples of Dream Interpretations About Honey
Dream of Finding Honey: You dream of discovering a jar of golden honey hidden in a field, symbolizing God’s goodness, wisdom, and provision in your life, giving you the energy and motivation to move forward with confidence.
Harvesting Honey: In your dream, you are collecting honey from beehives, representing your efforts to seek spiritual nourishment and guidance from God’s Word to navigate life’s challenges and reap its sweet rewards.
Eating Honey: You dream of tasting honey dripping from a honeycomb, signifying your embrace of God’s teachings for strength and nourishment, finding comfort and sustenance in His Word during difficult times.
Pouring Honey: In the dream, you are pouring honey over food or drinks, suggesting a desire to infuse every aspect of your life with God’s goodness, wisdom, and sweetness, seeking His blessings and guidance in all that you do.
Sharing Honey: You dream of sharing honey with loved ones, reflecting your desire to spread God’s goodness, wisdom, and love to those around you, sharing the blessings and insights you’ve received from His Word. It reflects your willingness to be a source of comfort and support to others, offering them spiritual nourishment and encouragement.
Being Surrounded by Bees and Honey: In your dream, you find yourself surrounded by buzzing bees and dripping honey, symbolizing the abundance of God’s blessings and the richness of His wisdom and provision in your life.
Bee Sting from Honey Collecting: You dream of being stung by a bee while collecting honey, indicating potential challenges or setbacks you may encounter on your spiritual journey, reminding you to stay resilient and focused on God’s guidance.
Honey as Healing: In the dream, you see honey being used for healing wounds or ailments, representing the soothing and restoring power of God’s Word to bring healing and renewal to your life.
Honey Overflowing: You dream of honey overflowing from its container, symbolizing the abundance of God’s blessings and the richness of His wisdom and provision, reminding you to remain open to His guidance and blessings in your life.
Discovering Hidden Honey: You dream of stumbling upon a hidden stash of honey, representing the unexpected blessings and insights that God provides in your life. It signifies divine revelation and guidance, urging you to remain open to God’s messages and trust in His provision.
What is the biblical meaning of honey in dreams?
Dreams of honey carry special meanings. Honey represents God’s goodness, wisdom, energy, and kind communication. When honey appears in dreams, it’s a signal to focus on God’s teachings in tough times. The Bible is compared to honey because it gives us insight and guidance.
Honey’s sweetness also reminds us to be gentle, even to unkind people. Moreover, honey can give us energy, just like God’s teachings refresh us. Overall, honey in dreams reminds us of God’s goodness and strength to handle challenges with kindness.
1. The Word of God
Dreaming of honey carries a positive message. When honey appears in your dream, it’s a sign to immerse yourself in the Word of God to navigate life’s challenges with a godly approach. Comparatively, the Bible can be likened to honey, offering spiritual insight, guidance, and truth. Two instances in the Bible stand out: John and Ezekiel were instructed to consume books that tasted like honey.
“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” Psalm 119:103 (NIV)
These verses compare God’s Word to honey, and emphases that the sweetness of the word brings joy to believers.
- In Revelation, the scroll that John is instructed to consume contains God’s prophetic words. When individuals follow the path of Christ and heed God’s guidance, they will experience a mixture of blessings and trials that come with a life devoted to following Him.“So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, ‘Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.'” Revelation 10:9 (NIV)
- In Ezekiel, the scroll signifies the believer’s delight in God’s Word, despite containing warnings of judgment and calls to repentance. “Then he said to me, ‘Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it.’ So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.” Ezekiel 3:3 (NIV)
- Jeremiah finds delight and nourishment in God’s Word, emphasizing its significance. “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, Lord God Almighty.” Jeremiah 15:16 (NIV)
2. Gentleness & Kindness
Are you able to show kindness even in the face of unkindness? Dreaming of using honey symbolizes your capacity to apply the word of God in your interactions with others. By internalizing God’s wisdom, you’ll be able to speak words that are as soothing as honey, bringing comfort and healing to those around you (even your enemies).
Additionally, these verses emphasize the comforting and nourishing qualities of God’s Word and wisdom, drawing parallels to the physical sweetness and goodness of honey.
- “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24 (NIV)
- “The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb.” Psalm 19:7-10 (NIV)
- “Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste. Know also that wisdom is like honey for you: If you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.” Proverbs 24:13-14 (NIV)
3. Spiritual Energy
Dreaming of honey could symbolize a renewed sense of energy and motivation to keep going, even after facing challenges or waiting for God’s help. Honey is like a natural energy boost because it has carbohydrates that give you energy and can help you do better in physical activities.
In the same way, the Bible compares honey to its message. When you’re feeling tired, reading the word of God can give you the strength to keep moving forward. The Bible says: “but those who trust in the Lord will become strong again. They will be like eagles that grow new feathers. They will run and not get weak. They will walk and not get tired.” (Isaiah 40:31)
Honey might also show that you need God’s help to feel stronger after going through hard times or a period when your faith felt weak. In the story of 1 Samuel 14, Jonathan ate honey after a tiring battle, and it made him feel better right away. It’s like his face lit up and he saw things in a new way.
“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the person who trusts in Him.” (Psalm 34:8)
This verse means that we can experience God’s goodness and find comfort in Him. Just like honey can make you feel more energetic after a tough time, seeking God’s help can refresh and renew you spiritually after a difficult experience. This verse tells us to try and experience how good God is and find strength in Him.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it mean when you’re “eating honey in a dream”?
Dreaming of eating honey in a dream signifies embracing God’s teachings for strength. Like honey, God’s Word is nourishing and guides you through challenges. It’s a call to seek spiritual sustenance for a godly path.
2. What does it mean when you’re “licking honey in dream”?
Licking honey in a dream indicates a need for gentleness and kind communication, just like honey’s sweetness. It’s a reminder to use the wisdom of God’s Word to soothe interactions and bring healing to relationships.
3. What does it mean when you dream of someone giving you honey?
Dreaming of someone giving you honey reflects receiving God’s goodness and wisdom through others. It suggests that someone in your life might offer you guidance or support, bringing spiritual nourishment.
4. What does it mean when you’re collecting honey in a dream?
Collecting honey in a dream signifies seeking God’s provisions and blessings. Just as honey is gathered, you’re prompted to gather spiritual insights and guidance from the Word of God to navigate life’s challenges.
5. What does it when you’re seeing honey in a dream?
Seeing honey in a dream symbolizes God’s goodness, wisdom, and spiritual energy present in your life. It’s a reminder to focus on God’s teachings and find strength to handle difficulties with kindness and grace.