The biblical meaning of dreaming about snakes is wisdom, deception, lies, enemies, craftiness, and cunningness. If you’re dreaming about snakes it’s important to evaluate your inner and outer world for negative thoughts or a sneaky enemy.
In dreams, snakes generally convey a symbolic message. Symbolic dreams usually have a hidden meaning that is relatable to your everyday life. God often speaks in parables and riddles to encourage believers to seek him for the interpretation. Fortunately, God has given you “the secrets of the kingdom of heaven” to help you understand his messages. (Matthew 13:11)
Request your Free Dream Interpretations here.
Common Christian Dream Interpretations of Snakes
- Dreaming of a snake in your bed or under your bed may represent someone in your intimate space that isn’t trustworthy.
- The biblical meaning of a snake in your house could represent hidden issues within your home that need to be exposed.
- The biblical meaning of anaconda, a very long, and/or massive snake may represent a situation with multiple people that are trying to bring some type of negativity in your life.
- Dream that snakes are attacking you could represent lies that the enemy wants you to believe about yourself. Or, a fear of the hurtful words and lies of others. Words can be damaging when you’re struggling with insecurity, a limited understanding of your power, and your identity in Christ.
- The biblical meaning of snake skin is transformation and renewal.
- Read more on the biblical meaning of dreaming about snakes by color.
What is the biblical meaning of dreaming about snakes?
1. Snakes represent Wisdom
Dreams about snakes should prompt you to evaluate your life for deceptive, manipulative, and cunning works of the enemy. The enemy can use your own mind, people around you, challenges, work, health and other things to deceive you into believing lies about God, others, and yourself. Therefore, Christians are to be as “wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.” For you are a “sheep in the midst of wolves.” (Matthew 10:16)
2. Snakes represent Distractions & Obstacles
Dreams about snakes represent distractions or obstacles that keep Christians from being close to God. Satan accomplishes his will through wisely crafted lies. He is an “ancient serpent,” a “devil,” and a “deceiver.” The serpent convinced his first victims, Adam and Eve, to sin by stating God was withholding goodness from them. (Revelation 12:9; Revelation 20:2)
In Matthew 12:34 and Matthew 23:33, Jesus called the Pharisees a “brood of vipers” and children of the devil. The Pharisees are snakes because they stopped people from receiving the benefits of the Gospel. They denied scriptures that clearly showed that Jesus fulfilled every prophecy of the coming Messiah from the Old Testament. (John 8:44) Jesus said to them: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let in those who wish to enter.” (Matthew 23:13)
Ultimately, the Pharisees were influenced by evil and hated revelation truth. (Matthew 3:7) The Pharisee’s pride, greed, and love for power could not handle the revelation Jesus was bringing. During that time, they had used the law and religion to gain an upper hand on others. If they were to accept that Jesus was the Messiah then they’d have to truly repent for their wickedness.
The Biblical Meaning of Dreaming About Rattlesnakes
- The biblical meaning of rattlesnakes is an enemy that has unhealthy tendencies that are obvious. It’s a warning to take caution. Similar to the Pharisees, rattlesnakes are venomous, have long fangs, and are apart of the viper family.
3. You Have Authority to Defeat Snakes
Fortunately, you don’t have to fear snakes in your dreams because God has had the upper hand since the Old Testament.
In Ancient Egypt, the Pharaoh wore a rearing cobra headdress for protection and to show power. Cobras represented the goddess Wadjet. God defeated Pharaoh’s false god by transforming Aaron’s ’staff into a serpent that swallowed up his sorcerer’s snake. (Exodus 7:10-12) This defeat was symbolic of God’s authority to “trample on snakes” and “overcome all the power of the enemy.”
Also, when the Israelites complained about God and Moses in the desert, God released poisonous snakes upon them and some died. “They spoke against God and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food.” (Numbers 21)
After the poisonous snakes, the Israelites repented, so Moses prayed against their punishment. Then, God told Moses to put a bronze snake on a pole. If an Israelites was bitten they were to look at the pole and live. This foreshadowed the forgiveness of sin believers would receive when they look to Jesus Christ: “Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” (John 3:14-15)
The Biblical Meaning of Dreaming About Cobras
- The biblical meaning of cobra in dreams may be related to leadership style. Perhaps, you or someone else has a tendency to be controlling and revel in self glory.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the biblical meaning of dreaming about snakes by color?
- The biblical meaning of green snakes in dreams is a jealous or envious enemy. However, green also means healing, safety, and new beginnings. Therefore, the dream may indicate an attack on your ability to transition into an abundant and peaceful season.
- The biblical meaning of brown snakes in dreams may signal that the enemy wants to steal salvation or the power of Christ in your life. Perhaps, it’s time to reinforce your faith and remember that the enemy can’t steal the free gift of forgiveness.
- The biblical meaning of black snakes in dreams represents suffering, death, and mourning. Perhaps, something internally or externally is causing you sadness? Is the enemy using an old situation or relationship to attack you? This dream is an invitation to heal or remove the old point of conflict in your life.
2. What is the biblical meaning of killing a snake in a dream?
The biblical meaning of killing a snake in a dream is victory and authority. Also, in Christianity, eating a snake in a dream may mean you are an overcomer. Similarly to Jesus, you too have authority to defeat snakes — the works of the enemy. Therefore, defeating, killing, or evading a snake in dreams may indicate that you’re overcoming obstacles.
Your inheritance as a believer is the authority to crush every dark power that comes against your life: “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” In every spiritual battle, remember that you have been given everything necessary to have the victory! (Luke 10:19; 1 Corinthians 10:13)
3. What is the biblical meaning of being bitten by a snake in a dream?
Dreams of being bitten or harmed by a snake indicates an active spiritual attack on your life. The attack could be through your own negative emotions, distractions, sickness, people, problems, and work.
However, our ultimate enemy is Satan, not the problems or people. He is creative in how he likes to attack believers. Consequently, Satan may use others to harm you, but don’t forget that, “we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12) Here are 12 Powerful Prayers To Destroy Your Enemies’ Plan that will help you navigate deceptive individuals with love.
3 thoughts on “The Biblical Meaning of Dreaming About Snakes”
What’s the meaning of dreaming two head of sneaks but they tail are off
Snakes can live with their tails cut off. Sounds like a problem needs to be addressed HEAD on to get rid of it. Xoxo
Hi my name is Joseph, I’m Christian. Yesterday I have a dream in my dream I saw 2 big colour snake, one in blue another one in colourful. I was at the pool and saw 2 snake was swimming around very near me , one of the snake open up the mouth and I saw with the 2 teeth from the snake was very sharp and long. Another snake out of sudden come up keep looking at me ….. May I know what does it means please advice… thanks ?
Comments are closed.