The biblical meaning of blood in a dream indicates your spiritual health, life, strength, and feelings about your purity. In contrast, your dream may be indicating a need to visit the doctor OR explore your own internal fears about blood related issues.
Either way, dreaming of blood is usually symbolic, not literal. Symbolic dreams usually have a hidden meaning that is related to your everyday life. God often speaks in parables and riddles to encourage believers to seek him for the interpretation. Fortunately, God has given you “the secrets of the kingdom of heaven” to help you understand his messages. (Matthew 13:11)
What is the biblical dream meaning of blood?
Dreaming about blood represents ones’ life force, strength, and health. Evaluate if the dream was positive or negative. If the dream was positive, then it indicates a healthy spiritual life. In contrast, a negative experience with blood within a dream represents a declining spiritual life and loss of strength.
Potential interpretations of blood in dreams:
- A positive report of blood work in a dream indicates that you are overcoming life challenges and properly applying the Gospel in loving people around you.
- Dreaming that you’re bleeding may indicate that something in your life is causing you to loose strength. This may stem from sin, pain, or an overwhelming obstacles. It’s essential to further explore the area of your life that is causing the problems.
- A blood transfusion or low blood count in your dream indicates a need for the blood of Christ to purify your blood. Remember, the blood of Christ or the Gospel makes us whole.
- Dreaming of diseased blood indicates something in your life that is causing you to spiritually stumble. Therefore, it’s important to evaluate what is polluting your life, relationships, emotions, and career. Additionally, a dream about blood extraction is reminder to evaluate your own choices and actions.
- Dreaming about drinking or eating the blood of an animal might represent getting strength from the wrong source. This dream means you’re finding comfort in everything, but God.
- Being covered in someone else’s blood represents relational conflicts and issues. Similarly, dreams with blood and violence may reflect struggles within and around you. Perhaps, someone’s action is causing your to engage in unhealthy behaviors. Explore how the energy and strength of others are affecting your life.
Don’t forget to evaluate the feelings within the dream. Did you have blood on your hands and feel guilty? Then this may reflect an area of your life that you carry shame.
Or, did you feel scared after seeing blood? Then perhaps, this may reflect discomfort and fear of dealing with the vulnerability and weaknesses of others.
1. The Blood Represents Purification
In the Old Testament, the blood sacrifice of clean animals cleansed humans of sin: “For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the life that makes atonement.” (Leviticus 17:14)
This foreshadows the ultimate sacrifice of the Lamb of God — Jesus Christ. Christ died on the cross as the final sacrifice for human sin. His blood was capable of purifying all of humanity. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)
- “Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.” (Hebrews 9:22)
- “but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.” (1 Peter 1:19)
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.” (Ephesians 1:7)
- “how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Hebrews 9:14)
Related Article: What is the meaning of the blood of Christ?
2. The Blood Represents Life and Health
In Deuteronomy 12:23, the law says it isn’t good to eat meat with the blood. The blood is the life of the animal. “But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.“
- The blood carries contagious the diseases.
- Historically, pagans drank blood to gain the life force of people and animals.
- Not drinking or eating the blood represented honor for the dead.
“But if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)
Related Article: What does it mean that the blood is the life (Deuteronomy 12:23)?
3. The Blood Represents Uncleanliness
In Leviticus 15, the Old Testament, individuals that were bleeding had to isolate themselves (this includes a woman’s menstruation). While bleeding, they were unclean. In fact, anything and anyone they touched became unclean as well.
In Luke 8:43-48, a woman had been bleeding for 12 years. This meant that she couldn’t touch anyone or anything because she was considered unclean. However, she touched Jesus and was miraculously healed. Ultimately, God’s power was enough to remove the shame, isolation, and pain she was carrying, instantaneously. Similarly, God can heal you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the biblical meaning of bleeding in a dream?
Irregular bleeding indicates the presence of a disease or wounding. Therefore, bleeding in a dream reflects the presence of something in your life that is draining you and causing you pain. Evaluate whether someone in your life, a job, or situation is causing this pain. In addition, evaluate whether your own mindsets, behaviors, and feelings are causing you harm.
Essentially, seeing blood within a dream is an invitation for Christians to evaluate their spiritual life. Some questions to ponder are:
- What or who is causing me harm?
- Am I inflicting damage on someone else?
- Are decisions of the person bleeding harmful?
- What situations need a resolution to end personal struggles?
What is the biblical meaning of seeing someone bleeding?
Seeing someone bleeding means they’re going through a hard time or a betrayal. In Genesis 4:10, Cain killed his brother Abel. Though Cain hid the sin, Abel’s blood cried out to God for justice. Similarly, seeing someone else’s blood may indicate a need for healing, justice, truth, and protection.
Consider how you can pray for this person to regain their strength. Also, evaluate your reaction to them bleeding. The dream might indicate your emotional response to others being in pain. Perhaps, you’re having a hard time submitting the pain of others to God?
What is the Biblical meaning of urinating blood in a dream?
Similarly, urinating blood indicates something is wrong. Since the blood is coming from the genitals, the dream is showing there is a current issue within your sexual purity, sexual mindset, and/or sexual engagements. The dream may indicate unhealthy perspectives you have towards yourself. Or, the dream is revealing a need to change behaviors and patterns of thinking to become spiritual healthy. Essentially, urinating blood shows a loss of strength and purity within your sexuality or gender identity.
A Dream of Menstrual Blood Biblical Meaning
Dreaming of menstrual blood biblically can be related to your own feelings about your menstrual cycle. However, it can also relate to feeling dirty in the area of sexuality and gender. To further understand your dream, evaluate what the feeling was the in the dream.
Search your life for when you feel that emotion and use that as a reference point to start healing. Ultimately, God wants to remove anything that causes you to feel impure.